Let’s get cooking. In honor of the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday, I thought we could take to the kitchen for a sweet treat that could be shared as a nice Valentine’s Day gift. Do you like to give nice homemade gifts?
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, yogurt, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Use your hands to form into a dough. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Shortly before the dough is fully chilled, combine the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute, mixing halfway through. Microwave for another 45 seconds, mixing every 15 seconds until the chocolate is fully melted.
- While the chocolate is melting, use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the peanut butter dough and roll into balls.
- Dunk each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate one at a time and shake off excess chocolate. Place on the lined baking sheet. When all the peanut butter balls are coated, place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes until chocolate is hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
You can bag or box your treats in cute Valentine’s Day themed packaging before heading out to spread the love of Valentine’s Day.
I hope that some of you try this recipe and let me know what you think. I’d love to see pictures too.