Let’s get cooking. This New Year, we are back at it and have another recipe for you to try. Who doesn’t like a good brussel sprout recipe?
- 12 oz brussel sprouts with ends trimmed and any yellow leaves removed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup of pecans
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Instructions: Cook and prepare each part and then assemble
Roast Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice all brussel sprouts in half
- In a medium bowl, combine halved brussel sprouts, 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and toss to combine
- Place brussel sprouts on baking sheet, cut side down
- Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, flip them over for even browning (cut side should be browned but not blackened)
- You can cook using your preferred method (oven, stovetop, or airfryer)
- Chop warm bacon into bite sized pieces
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and add pecans in one layer
- Toast the pecans for about 5 minutes until they have darkened
Prepare Dried Cranberries
- Briefly soak the dried cranberries in hot water
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil
- Add dried cranberries to a medium bowl and pour the hot water over the cranberries. Soak them for about 10 minutes then drain
Assemble: In a large bowl, combine roasted brussel sprouts, warm chopped cooked bacon, toasted pecans and soaked dried cranberries. Toss everything together. The olive oil from the brussel sprouts and the fats from the warm cooked bacon should be enough to coat all ingredients. If desired, you can add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the mix.
Optional: Add a sauce to create even more flavor, like balsamic glaze, balsamic vinegar or your favorite balsamic vinaigrette based salad dressing.
I hope that some of you try this recipe and let me know what you think. I’d love to see pictures too.