Let’s get cooking. This recipe is a great option to include for a Thanksgiving meal. I have personally included it in my Thanksgiving feast for several years now.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 oz evaporated skim milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 3.4oz box instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except pecans and granulated sugar, stir well.
- Place sweet potato mixture in a 13x9x2 inch glass casserole dish
- Toss pecans and sugar together. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees, or until mixture reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees in the center of the casserole dish
- Serve in ½ cup scoop portions
I am hoping that some of you try this recipe and let me know what you think. I’d love to see pictures too.