Let’s get cooking. I have recently tried a few Keto recipes. I love my pastries and sweets so if I am able to cut back on some of my sugar and flour, why not try. I am not on a strictly Keto diet. I thought I would share this recipe because I was really amazed at how good these tasted and thought I would pass along this recipe as an option to those who would like to try something new.
3 Ingredient Keto Pancakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional – but I did use it in mine)
- Butter (for frying)
- Heat your skillet to medium and let the pan get hot while you make the batter
- In a medium bowl, briskly whisk the eggs together. The more air you whisk into them, the fluffier the pancakes will be
- Add the cream cheese and almond flour to your beaten eggs; whisk together until well combined.
- Ad a little butter to your hot skillet, pour batter into pan (to your desired size of pancake); cook until golden, flip and cook again until golden (about 2 minutes on each side)
- Continue with the remainder of your batter
- Serve with butter and sugar free syrup or fresh fruit
I tried these twice last week and it is true the more air you whisk into them the fluffier they turn out. Also please note that baking powder is not truly considered keto since it has cornstarch in it but since I am not on a strict Keto diet I used the 1 tsp in my batter.
I am hoping that some of you try this recipe and let me know what you think.